Our priority has always been to create a healthcare setting where physicians and their private practices can deliver safe, efficient and effective care. As changes to our healthcare system generate greater demands on physicians’ time and energy, hospitals across the country are hearing physicians ask for assistance from this increasing business burden. The same is true here in Tallahassee.
In addition, it is becoming apparent that physicians and hospitals will be required to work together to improve the overall health of their communities. New regulations will create negative incentives for unhealthy communities that utilize health services above the norm.
With these changes on the horizon we have created TMH Physician Partners. Its goals are to lift the administrative burden off physicians so they can focus on the practice of medicine, and to simultaneously provide a structure around which we can increase the health of our community. TMH Physician Partners is governed by the TMH Physician Partners Advisory Committee and headed by John Mahoney, M.D.
Currently, TMHPP is composed of over 125 primary and specialty physicians providing healthcare in over four North Florida counties. TMHPP’s composition includes the following practices:
- Bixler Emergency Center
- Clinical Genetics
- Lipid Center
- Family Medicine Residency faculty
- Internal Medicine Residency faculty
- Behavioral Health Center
- Cancer & Hematology
- Marianna Cardiology
- Endocrinology Specialists
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Bariatric Center
- Palliative Care
- Cardiac & Internal Medicine with services provided by Southern Medical Group, PA
- Surgical Specialists
- Primary Care Clinics in Southwood, Blountstown, Quincy, Wakulla, Monticello and Perry.
The initial goals of the Advisory Committee are to provide direction regarding the performance of its physicians and respective practices contracted by TMH through TMHPP. Other areas of focus include the following:
- Monitor the direction and performance of TMHPP.
- Assist in integration of the TMH strategic plan with the strategic and tactical direction of TMHPP.
- Medical informatics-practice tools and technologies.
- Local and national quality initiatives i.e. HCAHPS, MEANINGFUL USE, PQRI, AMA PCPI, NCQA
- Regulatory Standards as defined by the Joint Commission
- Recruitment and Marketing
We hope our medical community will view TMH Physician Partners as a positive force in the health of our patients, and a way to achieve our vision of creating the healthiest community in the nation.
Please contact Dr. Mahoney directly at 431-5544 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you need additional information or clarification.